GWTT Understands the Challenges of ELG and CCR Remediation
Effluent Limitation Guidelines (ELG) – As a company that is technology agnostic, we have access to many different applications and technologies that focus on satisfying the discharge requirements for waste streams from flue gas desulfurization (FGD) effluent, landfill and leachate collection systems, and other waste waters covered under the EPA’s Effluent Limitation Guidelines, the NPDES, or other permit programs.
Coal Combustion Residuals (CCR) Pond Remediation – We have experience treating nearly 400 million gallons of CCR pond water (bulk surface water and the interstitial “pore” water) with custom-designed treatment systems specific for total metals, with a focus on the reduction of arsenic and selenium (which are difficult to treat with traditional water treatment techniques) for the required effluent discharge criteria.
GWTT Offers a Total Solution
Unlike many of our competitors, we offer a truly turn-key, holistic approach to solve the problems of ELG compliance and coal ash pond/CCR remediation. GWTT takes the lead on all aspects of the challenges posed by coal ash ponds, starting with source water characterization and treatability studies; through the design and construction of a custom-tailored treatments system; complete operation and maintenance of the customized system; as well as ongoing compliance testing and monitoring.
GWTT will be your single point of contact and act as program manager throughout the project, from the first water chemistry assessment through project site demobilization.
We provide the high-level project and program management required for consistent and efficient operations and ultimate project success.
Why Choose GWTT?
- Health & Safety Program – GWTT has a very robust Health & Safety program in place today (EMR of .774 and OSHA Compliance 0.0)
- 20 Years of real hands-on practical experience – GWTT has been treating water for complex applications with a wide variety of contaminates including:
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
- Volatile organic chemicals
- Semi-volatile organic compounds
- Metals including Arsenic, Iron, Manganese, Chromium, Copper, Nickel, Zinc, Selenium, and Thallium
- Oil and Grease
- Direct Experience with ELG / CCR Water Treatment and Discharge
- To date, we have treated nearly 400 Million gallons of CCR Ash Basin and landfill leachate wastewater
- Effluent Compliance – Through our Equipment Rentals and Operation & Maintenance operating divisions, we are able to deliver an integrated and accountable service where we self perform and are able to guarantee the effluent compliance
- Custom Tailored specific to your application – We do not push a technology or a piece of equipment. We are able to tailor a solution specific to your application
- Cost Out – We optimize and deliver the savings!
to start the process of coal ash pond remediation and full ELG compliance: